I have a new toy, a new camera and we are one. Anyone who knows me will know I adore cameras and have inherited a large (still growing!) collection from both my grandfathers. The are my pride and joy, including my first SLR – an Olympus of course – and a much cherished Yashica that my mum has passed down to me.
We were lucky, my sister and I. The head teacher of our tiny (slightly bohemian) primary school was a keen photographer and created a dark room for us all. We were taking and developing our own photos before we even hit double digits – it was the most incredible introduction into photography. From there, on to art school, to studying Fine Art its always been a passion. And it’s one of the reasons I ‘got into’ Instagram. I don’t do any other forms of social media, and friends laugh at how un-techy I am! But I just love beautiful imagery. However I am not a photographer.
Why is that important? Well, despite understanding cameras and loving using them ‘manually’ I also don’t always have the time to play and I’m not quick enough to always use all the settings properly. Which is way I love my new camera, the Olympus E-M10 Mark II. Now let me be honest here: the camera was a gift from Olympus. However I never accept gifts from brands or companies if I don’t fully believe in what they are promoting or sending me and I’ve always loved Olympus, so trying out this camera has been a real dream and no brainer for me. Why do I love it?
- It’s compact. It’s light, fits in my bag and isn’t a pain to carry around like the bigger bodied cameras. But has amazing picture quality.
- All the models (the Pen and the E-M10) now have wi-fi so you can take pictures and send them straight to your phone.
- You can remote control the camera with your phone via the app.
- The PEN is stylist and retro looking, a blogger favourite, however I have the E-M10 which is still lovely in my opnion and has a fantastic clear view finder which I love to use.
The offer goes live today until midnight on October 15th. Head to www.enjoy.photo/150 and read the info below on how to save 20% and £150 on the 3 already well priced kits.
Olympus have not only kindly sent me a camera (which has obviously made my year) but they have also given me codes so that my friends, family and followers can get one too, with a bloomin’ great discount.
- Click on the camera you want and you will be taken to that model on the Olympus WebShop. Here you have a chance to check the details and all the proper info on each model.
- For £150 off the headline price on three specific kits the code is GEORGIE150
- For 20% off of accessories or other items (separate to the kits) the code is GEORGIE20
- When you get to the checkout, make sure you put the codes into the section marked. The discount will apply to the whole basket.
I really hope some of you use this, its an incredible offer and I truly am smitten with my new toy! (Also, Christmas is coming, this is a great present idea). And if you do, let me know! Honestly I’d love to see and hear your thoughts. And tag Olympus too, you can find them at @olympuscreators @olympus_pengeneration on Instagram.